(1) What is Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator is a software token that implements two-step verification services using the Time-based One-time Password Algorithm and HMAC-based One-time Password Algorithm, for authenticating users of mobile applications by Google. You must enter the verification code which is dynamically generated on your mobile phone when you are handling some specific operations after binding google authenticator, the operation will be performed after the code being verified. It can ensure the security of your account and funds in a better way.
(2) The Google authenticator type of Lbank?
Lbank provides the user Login, Setting, Asset these three operations of Google authentication service, which you can set the Login Google Authenticator, Setting Google Authenticator, Asset Google Authenticator, corresponding to the following:
- Login Google Authenticator: after activating the corresponding security policy, you need to enter your account, password and Login Google Authenticator code to complete the login.
- Setting Google Authenticator: after activating the corresponding security policy, you need to verify your Setting Google Authenticator code to modify the various security settings and security policies of the Lbank.
- Asset Google Authenticator: after activating the corresponding security policy, you need to verify your Asset Google Authenticator code after verifying other basic security policy when you withdraw. It can ensure the security of your assets in a better way.
(3) How to set up Google Authenticator?
① To download and install the Google Authenticator in the mobile App market, the android phone searches for "Google Authenticator" in the Android Market, and the iPhone searches for "Google Authenticator" in the App Store.
② After installation, open the App in your phone, click "BEGIN SETUP" and enter the account adding page.
On the website page which you setup the Google password, Lbank provides you with the corresponding key and QR code, you can use Google Authenticator to scan the QR code or manually enter the key.
③ In the APP, select “Scan barcode” or “Manual entry”. (Two choose one, the android phone may not be able to use the scan function directly, you can select “manual entry”)
Once the binding has been completed, the verification code will appear in your Google Authenticator, which is dynamically changed. If you activated the corresponding security policy at the same time, you will need to enter the verification code the next time the corresponding operation is performed.
(4) What are the corresponding security policies of Lbank for Google Authenticator?
After binding the Google Authenticator, you can choose to activate the corresponding security policy, The current corresponding security policies Lbank provides are: Modify Settings Verification, Withdraw Verification and Login Verification. See the help center - security policy section for specific Settings.